Thank you for your interest in applying for a substitute teacher position with Athens ISD.
If you are interested in completing an application for the position of substitute teacher for the 2016 – 2017 school year, please review the Substitute Application Process shown below.
All new to Athens ISD substitutes are required to attend Mandatory Substitute Training and complete fingerprinting process before being eligible for hire.
The next scheduled Substitute Training will be - To be announced
Training time is from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
and will be held in the Achievement Center located at the back of the
District Support Center Building - 104 Hawn Street.
Park in back and enter through double doors.
Preregistration is not required.
Athens ISD Substitute Application Procedures
1. Attend the mandatory new substitute training.
2. Applications will be distributed at the Mandatory Substitute Training.
3. On the day of the mandatory substitute training, NO PAPERWORK WILL BE ACCEPTED except for the Fast Pass Form. All new to Athens ISD substitutes will be asked to complete the form with information pertinent to filing for a Fast Pass. The applicant is responsible for the cost of the background check.
4. Once the interested applicant has received the Fast Pass receipt, it and the completed application substitute packet
may be turned into the Athens ISD Human Resources Department. Please be sure to review the checklist in the substitute packet to ensure all items are enclosed.
Incomplete packets will not be accepted; nor will they be held by the Human Resource Department until the additional items are gotten.
5. When the results of the Fast Pass (background check) and a completed packet are received by Athens ISD Human Resources Dept, the applicant will then be considered for hire.
6. After the applicant has been approved to work for Athens ISD, an email will be sent. The subject line will say "Welcome to Athens ISD and Aesop".
Responsibilities of Substitutes:
- Arrive at campus by 7:15 a.m. for morning duties
- Arrive at campus by 11:15 a.m. for afternoon duties
- Be flexible: You may be moved from one classroom to another if the need is greater
- You aren’t entitled to a conference time
- You are insured of a 30 minute lunch when you work a full day
Athens ISD 2016- 2017 Substitute Pay is as follows:
No Degree or Associate's Degree - $60
Bachelor's Degree or Higher - $65
Certified Teaching Degree - $75