The purpose of the Athens Independent School District is to graduate every student on time, college and work ready.
Athens ISD will create an environment where all students are given the opportunity to reach their full potential and become productive, successful citizens.
Igniting Potential – Inspiring Success
Theme – 2016-2017
‘WE ARE ATHENS’
Our Board of Trustees Goals:
- Expect and achieve academic excellence at every campus for all students
- Attract, retain and develop exemplary employees for all jobs in the district.
- Develop/expand programs and services that promote parent/community satisfaction.
- Promote participation in school-sponsored extra/co-curricular activities.
- Provide for all operations in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible.
Our Core Beliefs:
- Our business is teaching and learning.
- We believe that all children can learn at or above grade level.
- We believe that it is important to have high expectations so that all children reach their learning potential.
- We believe that our schools have an important and profound impact of every child’s life.
- We believe that the school’s involvement is one that should demonstrate and promote respect for students, parents, teachers and all school stakeholders.
- We believe that all children should be taught in facilities that are wholesome, pleasant and safe.
- We believe that we have the responsibility to build good citizens for Athens, Henderson County and our state.